Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earworms!

We all get that song stuck on our head. You know, the one you just heard an hour ago, yet has been playing over in your mind ever since. I'm not sure if this is more common to those of us on the spectrum or not, but nevertheless it makes for an interesting topic!

See, at any given moment, I have a song playing in my head. It can be one I heard recently, or one that randomly pops into my head. For as long as I can remember, I've had this personal radio in my brain. It's as if I have background music playing to whatever is going on.

This could be because spectrumites crave sensory input, and those with ADHD do as well. I need something going on in addition to whatever I'm doing as it helps me to better focus. Techno music is soothing to me because of its repetitive, rhythmic beat. It's a natural stimulant.

So....what earworm is stuck in you head right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment