Saturday, September 19, 2015

Happy year and a half Aspieversary to me! :)

It just dawned on me this morning that today is my year and a half Aspieversary! Boy, has time sure flown. It's also been a while since I've updated!

I continue to advocate on social networks, and give my perspective so as to raise acceptance. I've been featured twice in The Mighty over the past month. I continue to enjoy my journey as I learn more and more about myself.

There's also more exciting news: I'm test driving a Ford Fusion today! After looking at a few different cars, I've decided that the Fusion is for me. I can't wait to give it a spin and hopefully make it mine ;) It's blue, too!

It is indeed a great day. It's also Saturday, which is always a good thing! I know this is going to be an awesome weekend. Spending it with my fam is what I'll do. I guess I'll finish this off with some insightful comments...

It seems like people better understand me, and that I'm also learning how to ask for help when I need it. I'm trying to step up what I can do and take charge of my life. I want to prove to myself that I can tackle things that have been hurdles for the last several years.

I feel like I'm making an impact. People have come to me for advice since I've been advocating, and I've even helped a few find their own answers! It feels good to know that I'm achieving my purpose in life, which is to help others.

No matter how hard I try to put a positive spin on things, there are just some people who refuse to change their perspective. The best thing to do in this case is say my piece, and move on. I can't please everyone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Stay tuned for news about the car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment