Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! :)

Hope everyone enjoyed ringing in the new year! I can check this holiday season off as a good one :)

I should start with a summary of what I did for Christmas Eve and Christmas. On Christmas Eve, my family and I went to mass and then enjoyed a pot roast dinner at my brother's house. We watched It's A Wonderful Life and relaxed for a while before going home to get a good night's sleep.

On Christmas morning, we woke up and enjoyed basking in the glow of the Christmas tree until my brother arrived around 10. We then ate breakfast and opened presents. Santa was good to me this year! My "big" gift had been Google Home which I had gotten just before Thanksgiving, and I received several other goodies: a Sonic shirt, autism necklace, Celtic mood ring, cash, gift cards, and a chameleon light that changes colors to match its surroundings.

After relaxing for a while, it was time for the traditional dinner at my grandma's house. We nommed on a delicious turkey dinner, followed by presents. I got some more gift cards, a few stuffed animals and a Samsung wireless charger for my phone. Next were some of my grandma's cookies and chatting amongst us. I spent the night at my grandma's as is tradition :)

I then had the "mega uber crazy super busy week." Not only did I work my usual full-time job, but I also worked two days at my new part-time job in their vacation camp program. The day shifts were back to back with the overnights, so I was a bit of a zombie :P It was fun, though. We took the kids bowling on Friday, and they had a blast! Saturday morning, I came home and slept like a baby.

For New Year's Eve, we went to my grandma's for snacks and lobster tails before heading to my brother's for chili and more snacks. I made my traditional Lit'l Smokies sausages wrapped in crescent rolls (pigs in blankets). Before we knew it, it was time to count down and ring in the new year! We relaxed and talked for a while, and then I went back to my grandma's, where I am writing this now, to spend the night again.

So what will this year bring? Hopefully good things. I have a good feeling about it. Resolutions are something I don't make, as I know I'll only be setting myself up for failure. I'd rather just focus on one day at a time, and if I decide I want to make any goals, I'll do them on my own timeline and in my own way. All I know is that life is pretty darn good as I know it, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Here's to a great year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment