Monday, March 19, 2018

A Very Happy Aspieversary

Yesterday was my Aspieversary, so naturally I wanted to do something special to celebrate! What better than a trip to Rochester, NY with my best friend?

We decided to hit the road at 3pm, so that we'd be ready and hungry for a delicious dinner at The Distillery. This restaurant has about 4 locations in Rochester, and I decided we'd go to the same location I had taken my mom to for her birthday, as I was familiar with that location. Our dinner was spectacular, as I knew it would be. My best friend had chicken fingers, complete with their savory bleu cheese. I opted for chicken parmesan, which is what I had last time, and I knew I couldn't go wrong with (notice the autistic pattern of sticking with what I'm familiar with? 😉) For dessert, I had an incredible chocolate lava cake!

Once we were stuffed, we headed to this neat little shop a couple miles away called Archimage. They are known for New Age type things like crystals and jewelry, as well as gifts and vintage toys. I found a poison ring, which has a little compartment that opens up. These fascinate me, and I have a few of them. This one was amethyst, and I couldn't resist it. I also stumbled upon a silver frog charm, one of those tubes with water and sparkles in it that trickle downwards when you flip it over, and a structure made of metal rings that you can flex into various shapes. My best friend really enjoyed the store as well. We both plan to go back there soon!

Next was the regular trip to the Marketplace Mall. We looked around at a few stores, and decided we had made our day complete. We headed back home, and stopped at Five Below on the way back to my best friend's house. That's one fun store! We had a blast looking at all the interesting trinkets and gadgets.

One exciting thing that happened was a phone call I received during our little excursion. I was invited to speak at an autism event!  It will be taking place in a few weeks, and I can't wait :) I will be talking about my experience as an autistic adult and advocate: something I really love to do!

I must say, this was an Aspieversary for the books. My best friend and I enjoyed ourselves, and made the day just as special as I'd hoped for!

No comments:

Post a Comment