Monday, April 2, 2018

World Autism Acceptance Month Day 2

Happy World Autism Acceptance Day! :D

For the second day of Autism Acceptance month, I'd like to talk about some of the things I love about being autistic.

My favorite aspect is my unwavering sense of youth, paired with my childlike sense of wonder. I've always felt younger than my age, and at 35, am just a big kid! :P I cherish things I find fun in. I notice and appreciate the little things that many people gloss over. It doesn't take much to fascinate me.

I also enjoy the fact that I am passionate about the things I love. Take Sonic the Hedgehog and the Android OS, for example. If you know me, these are two topics you probably associate with me very well, lol ;) When I truly enjoy something, I'm all in. Such is why I've become very proficient in working with electronics. I love the problem-solving aspect of it, too. There's just something about that feeling you get when you realize you've fixed something!

Autistics are also a very genuine group of people. I am who I am, and there's no faking it. I wouldn't know how to be someone else if I tried. It's rewarding when you find others who are the same way; there's no guesswork involved. The world needs more people who are true to themselves, and are exactly who they claim to be! It would make for a much more peaceful society.

These are just a few of the traits which I've elaborated on, and that I like about myself. Since autism shapes who I am as an individual, these traits are also character traits of mine! I wouldn't be me if I had been created any other way, and I'll take it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment