Thursday, June 18, 2015

Happy Autistic Pride Day!

Today is Autistic Pride Day! What does autistic pride mean to me?

It means not being afraid to be yourself in a world that you stand out in. Embracing your unique talents. Appreciating your differences. Being grateful for the challenges you have conquered, for they have only made you stronger.

It also means being one of the building blocks of humanity. Without autistics, the world wouldn't be where it is today. Many of our brilliant minds and innovators were/are on the spectrum. It takes many various kinds of people to make the world go round.

On this day, I reflect upon my experiences. That day last March when I learned I was autistic after all, after years of suspecting it. The fact I'm a little different from my peers and think that's pretty neat. My childlike innocence and sense of wonder. My gift with gadgets. Most importantly, the fact that without autism, I wouldn't be me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment