Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Special Gift for My Special Day!

Last Friday, I got myself a gift. It is an Embrace the Difference necklace. The creator of the line started it in honor of her son, who has ADHD and Asperger's just like me. I figured, what could be a more appropriate gift for my special day, March 19th: the day I was diagnosed with Asperger's? :)

I've been thinking about what I want to do for my special anniversary for almost the entire year since I've been diagnosed! What to do? Definitely treat myself with a piece of jewelry, one of my weaknesses, and something I will wear almost daily. This is the perfect addition to go with my other necklace that has my diagnosis date engraved on it.

What else to do on that day, to make it special? I came up with the idea of spending it in Rochester with my grandma, doing fun things. We decided to go with that plan. The next day, however, I found out I have a staff meeting coming up on that day, which left me a bit disappointed. This is supposed to be my special day! I quickly got over it, though, and my grandma and I just decided to do Rochester on the 18th instead. No biggie!

I'm looking forward to my special day. I can't believe it will be a whole year since I found my answers! I'll make this first anniversary one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment