Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Having a Great Day!

I'm having a productive, good day at work. I've finally helped secure an apartment for someone who I've been helping search! Making all the calls to do so and covering all bases isn't always easy, especially when your mind processes things the autistic way :P First, I called the landlord to see which apartment my person will be getting. It ended up being the one they wanted! Next, I had to call back and get the address for the check to be mailed to, as well as the fax number. I then had to call to find out when my person could sign the lease, as the landlord can't complete a landlord statement before that happens. I then had to rearrange the order of the lease signing and trip to Social Services to apply for the movers. I had to go back and forth a few times between my person and the landlord, rather than just knowing everything I should ask beforehand. My mind works backwards and in reverse steps like that a lot. I don't always know ahead of time what I need to ask, until after the fact. That's something I'm working on improving at. What I should do next time is first make a list of things I need to ask the landlord: what is the mailing address? When will the check be sent out? When can the tenant sign the lease?....etc. This way I don't have to drive people crazy calling them back and forth lol! So albeit my method of madness, everything is set and my person will be ready to move at the beginning of August! It feels good to have gotten that out of the way. I still need work, but it takes baby steps. I think I shall call the next step in my journey of self-improvement "covering all bases before going for the home stretch." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment