Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swimming!

Swimming is such a relaxing and awesome sensory experience. For as long as I can remember, I've loved being in the water. Once I'm in, it takes me a while to want to come back out!

I don't remember the first time I ever swam, but I remember taking swimming lessons when I was 3. I remember going off and doing whatever I wanted, regardless of what the rest of the class was doing. This is probably one of the first times my ADHD showed it's face, hah XD I just wanted to be one with the water; to do things on my own terms.

My most memorable moment in the pool was when I was 9. I was on my first vacation ever, in Vero Beach, Florida. I remember the pool at the townhouses we were staying at, and that the deep end was 6 feet. I was determined to swim in the deep end. I started at the shallow end, and swam like a frog, kicking my legs and pushing forward with my arms. I was doing it! I was really swimming! I kept on until I got to the other end of the pool. I swam the deep end! It was quite easy, too.

I'm a natural-born swimmer. I float without any effort. Give me a pool, and I'm happy. I'll never forget that day in Florida :)

No comments:

Post a Comment