Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sensory seeking

I'm a sensory seeker. This means that I crave sensory stimulation, whether it be bright, colorful lights, squishy Koosh balls, or wonderful smells. Let me tell you about some of my favorite sensory items!

I recently got a light bulb from one of my favorite stores, Makes Sense. It rotates and casts red, blue and green lights in rotating patterns. I love laying in bed and just watching the lights dance across the ceiling. It's psychedelic! :)

My absolute favorite tactile object is the Hairy Tangle. Think of a fusion between a Tangle and a Koosh ball. I love the feel of manipulating this twisty thingamajig in my hands. It's so relaxing!

I like picking things up and smelling them, too, especially plasticy or rubbery things. I don't know why, but I've always loved the smell of these things. I also love the smell of fruity body washes from Bath & Body Works. My favorite is Coconut Lime!

Sensory tools make for a great experience. It can be calming or invigorating. What are some of your sensory faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment