Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Supporting my peeps!

Well, this week has been one for fundraisers! I've done some neat activities. I enjoy helping the people that are helping me as well.

To support Autism Services, the agency that runs my Asperger's group, there have been two fundraisers this week. The first was yesterday at Paula's Donuts, a very well-known place if you're s Buffalonian. I'm celebration of Paula's 60th birthday, she donated a dollar from every purchase of a dozen donuts to the organization! My grandma and I gladly picked up a dozen :) Today there was an event at the Alex and Ani store in Williamsville, NY. From all their sales, 15 percent went to Autism Services! I got a pineapple bracelet. I also saw the woman who runs both the agency and my group, and was able to ask her about the self-advocacy group. She said she will get back in touch with me about being a presenter on a panel for some of the group homes! This is an exciting endeavor :)

On Saturday will be an event for Embrace the Difference, the organization which created the necklace I got myself as an Aspieversary present. A portion of all sales as Reeds-Jenss in Amherst, NY will go to the organization. That's where I'll be that day, especially since it's my second opportunity this week to look at and purchase one of my favorite things: jewelry!

I enjoy being a part of helping these organizations. It feels great to get involved in the community and give back. I'm always up for an opportunity to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment